- Technical researcher at CENTRIC (Centre of Excellence for Terrorism, Resilience, Intelligence and Organised Crime).
- Worked on the technical aspects of the European Commission 7th Framework Programme (FP7) ATHENA project, where social media were being harnessed to facilitate the actions of citizens, first responders and command & control centres in crisis situations.
- Prior to ATHENA, I worked on the technical aspects of a European Commission FP7 Project called ePOOLICE (early Pursuit against Organized crime using envirOnmental scanning, the Law and IntelligenCE systems) in the area of environmental scanning for organized crime detection.
- Full-time researcher on CUBIST (Combining and Uniting Business Intelligence with Semantic Technologies), a research project awarded under the European Union’s 7th Framework Program, 5th ICT call, topic 4.3: Intelligent Information Management; STREP Project No.: FP7 257403.
- During CUBIST, I delivered scaling techniques, desktop applications and web services (using .NET) to support Formal Concept Analysis (FCA) in a semantic technology setting, working with RDF and triple stores.
- Thesis Topic: “Appropriating Data from Structured Sources for Formal Concept Analysis”
- Expected Graduation Year: 2014
- Director of Studies: Dr. Simon Andrews
- Classification/Grade: First Class Honours/78%
- Final Year Project Title: “FcaBedrock, a Formal Context Creator”
- Final Year Project Supervisor: Dr. Simon Andrews
- Final Year Project Grade: 92%
My final year project received 92%, which was the top mark for 2010. Significant parts of the project’s report are included in chapter “Visualising Computational Intelligence through converting Data into Formal Concepts“, published in the “Studies in Computational Intelligence” (SCI) book series by Springer.
- Software Engineering
- Full-stack Web Development
- Formal Concept Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Data Mining & Warehousing
- CMS Development
- Greek (Bilingual proficiency)
- French (Bilingual proficiency)
- English (Professional proficiency)
Click here to see all of my publications.
Date of Birth: 27/10/1986
Driving License: Yes
I am sociable, energetic and friendly. My interpersonal skills make me a good communicator, able to work well with others. I motivate and encourage people around me. I am self-aware and always seek to learn and grow. I am not intimidated of undertaking new responsibilities, no matter the degree of difficulty. I am a critical thinker and a good researcher.
My personal interests include, but are not limited to, playing chess, song writing, composing music, and application design/development.